What Type of Material Should You Choose for Your New Deck in Bowie, MD?
Investing in a new deck in Bowie, MD can add a ton of value to your home. Not only will it increase your home’s resale value, but it also creates an amazing outdoor entertainment space that your family and friends will love. The question is, do you want a wooden deck, or one made from composite or vinyl? Ace Home Improvements can provide both options, so let’s look over the key differences so that you can make the best decision for your home.
The appearance of your new deck in Bowie, MD is very important. You want it to match the overall aesthetic of your home, and look beautiful in your yard.
- Composite/Vinyl – Composite or Vinyl decks are made with authentic wood designs, so that it has all the appearance of being a wooden deck. You also have a large variety of color options that you may not have with wood.
- Wood – Although composite can come close, a real wooden deck is hard to beat when you’re going for a natural look. With a variety of stains to choose from, you can create a beautiful wooden deck.
Another important question to ask yourself is how much time do you have to spend on maintenance for your deck? For some, home improvement is a labor of love, but others just want to spend their time relaxing on their deck.
- Composite/Vinyl – Composite and vinyl decks from Ace Home Improvements are maintenance free. Once we install it, you can sit back and enjoy your deck. A power-washing every once in a while will keep it looking clean and beautiful.
- Wood – Wooden decks require regular power washing, staining, and sealing in order to maintain the appearance. If you’re willing to put in the extra work for a natural wooden deck, it is well worth the effort.
Another thing to consider when choosing a material for your new deck in Bowie, MD is the longevity. You want a deck that will last a very long time and be able to stand up to heavy use.
- Composite/Vinyl – Composite and vinyl decking materials are incredibly durable. Not only are they low maintenance, but they will also last you for years to come. In fact, these decks are backed by 20-year warranties.
- Wood – With the proper maintenance, our pressure-treated wooden decks will remain beautiful and functional for many years after the initial installation.
Where to Get Your Deck
No matter which materials you selection for your new deck, you can trust the professionals at Ace Home Improvements for a flawless installation using only the highest grade materials. Contact us today for more information about our deck installation and redecking options.